June 10 letter from Rosemont Court Tenant Organizing Committee to the Town of Randolph Health Department:
- Several residents and concerned citizens signed a petition citing a threat to public health and safety at Rosemont Square apartments.
- According to the petition and photos, Rosemont management has failed to store and remove trash in a timely manner (photo to right, and more attached (page 3)).
- Numerous print and TV media outlets were CC'ed, as well as the Town Council.
- This letter was cited and discussed at the June 21 Town Council meeting, including the Board of Health response....
June 21 letter from Board of Health to Rosemont Square management:
- The rules for trash receptacles are outlined, including observed violations (page 2).
- A deadline of June 30 is set for submitting to the Board of Health a plan for increased capacity, a plan for trash removal, and a plan for associated pests.
- A deadline of July 9 is set for implementing increased trash capacity.
June 28 listening session by District Councilor Jesse Gordon and the Rosemont Court Tenant Organizing Committee:
- Councilor Gordon will set up a "hybrid Zoom meeting" at the intersection of High Street and Chestnut West at 5 PM on June 28 (the grassy area at the main entrance) -- Zoom link below, or come in person and look for the orange "Jesse" lawnsigns.
- Several tenants have expressed that they would like to record their opinions but are reluctant to deal directly with Rosemont management -- Councilor Gordon will document your opinions anonymously (or with your name, as you prefer!) and pass them on to Rosemont management.
- Councilor Gordon will document the situation on June 28 (before the two deadlines) and will check back after the June 30 and July 9 deadlines to observe compliance -- and will record the results on this webpage and with the Rosemont Court Tenant Organizing Committee.
- Councilor Gordon will summarize all of the above in a newspaper article intended for the Randolph Journal-Sun, and to the list of CC'ed print and TV media outlets later.
July 14 listening session by District Councilor Jesse Gordon and the Rosemont Court Tenant Organizing Committee:
- Councilor Gordon host a "Talking Trash" session at the intersection of High Street and Chestnut West at 5 PM on July 14 (the grassy area at the main entrance) to listen to feedback on the final agreement between the Randolph Board of Health and Rosemont management:
- Rosemont Square will get three new trash compactors by the end of July
- Rosemont now has a "Tenant Union" which pushed for a Board of Health order, and got it
- Come meet the Tenant Union and District Town Councilor Jesse Gordon at 5 PM - 7 PM on Wednesday, July 14 at the High Street entrance.
- Details of Board of Health agreement:
- Existing trash compactor doubles in size to 60 yards
- Two new compactors, 10 yards each, at back corners
- Adding signs, cameras, and monitoring around trash
- Pest Management plan for rats and mice
- All to be implemented by July 27
- You can request rat/mice extermination in your apartment with no risk as a tenant - just ask Management or contact Councilor Gordon