Welcome to the website for the Committee to Elect Jesse Gordon.
Jesse Gordon believes that Randolph has not gotten our fair share of state and federal resources for decades, due to poor political representation at the state level. Jesse wants to change that – so that the Randolph Town Council becomes a conduit for bringing in state and federal projects and funding. Those resources would address issues like:
- Funding and capital improvements in the Randolph schools
- Environmental improvements for pedestrian, bicycle, and mass transit access
- A path toward future political representation that makes up for the past decades.
Our current town council and school committee members do okay at maintaining the schools, environment, and streets of Randolph – with the limited resources available. What Jesse brings is a vision and a process to expand those resources – so Randolph can do better than okay! These will be tough fights – Jesse will fight the tough fights for Randolph!
Jesse's campaign will focus on the following themes:
- Update the school funding formula to account for diversity
- Lobby for capital funds for Randolph schools
- Develop the Randolph Blue Hills with better access and amenities
- Clear rail trails for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Transfer usage of abandoned federal sites to Randolph control
- Stop using Randolph streets for other town's garbage
- Redistrict with 2020 census to create a Randolph state House district
- Work towards immigrant participation in municipal elections
- Bring Randolph mass transit needs to the attention of MBTA and BAT
Check back in the coming weeks and months when this website will present Jesse's full issues platform in detail.